Skip to main content

Reply to "PBR showcase"

My son did his first PBR this past October, as a Jr. He did well, ended up on PBR top performers lists with a write up, got ranked, and was posted all over social media by PBR. It was $250, the exposure was well worth it. They did Vizual Edge testing, vertical jump, the 60, hitting BP with exit velo & full HitTrax data,  IF/OF with throwing velo, and provided a video with hitting/fielding/60.

My son wanted to improve his numbers, he'd played 2 games the day before the showcase & was sore when he did the showcase, so we started at looking at winter events. I got an email from PBR in November with a black friday 20% off code for any showcase, so we signed up for a local preseason ID event in Feb, which was $200 with the code. Shortly after, my son got an invite to the PBR All State invite-only showcase, based on his earlier numbers. This one was $300, but PBR let us switch events without charging extra.

The All State event has 6 D1 commits listed on the attendees roster, 5 of them are P5. I'm assuming those guys are looking for backup plans if their commitments fall through.