Skip to main content

Reply to "Percentage of Early Signings - DI"

My son did not recieve an actual offer until well into Sept... then several came in... We then waited for the one school he had been hoping for since he was 12.... who with 20/20 hindsight, did not have him as a first tier guy but a secondary in case their first offers refused. (IE his position wasn't an immeditate need)

Late Sept several offers came in, some wanted an answer within a week or so.... We let those slide as we were hoping for Son's number one choice. Then a couple visits, and all of a sudden a great FIT presented itself... and Number one, lost its place.... and this new school wasn't even on the consdieration list at the beginning of the summer... Well... come October and a couple offers are already gone, we have to make a decision. We call the other schools still in the running and tell them we have to make a decision within the week. If you want my son we need to know your offer this week.... None of the schools at that point made enough impact for us to change our minds.

And based on the first year results, we made the right decision....

But a lot of the available scholarship money goes in November. Then there are a few adjustments... Juniors that sign pro, transfers, whatever, but IMHO the bulk of the scholarship money is given out in Nov.

That said, my son had a teammate in HS without an offer in Nov, but had a great senior season, and got a very GOOD offer in May.

So sometimes it is a **** shoot... depending on what you want and how well your son performs...
Last edited by SDBB