Skip to main content

Reply to "Perfect Game: A blessing and a curse?"

Originally Posted by real green:

Again thanks for getting involved in the discussion PG.  I think you are running a great business and offering a great product. 

My point in all of this is you are not creating any NEW opportunities.  There are no new spots created by PG or any scouting service. There are no more and no less players finding a home in a college or drafted into the pro's because of your service.   

If all scouting services shut down tonight the same amount of scholarships would be distributed next year.  The same amount of players will be in college.  The same amount of pro's will be drafted.

I don't think that is the point.  The new opportunities are for those that otherwise may not have been seen.  PG and other things like travel organizations etc. Are evening the field.  Wisconsin is a prime example.  There have been so very few kids drafted or even D1 fron wisconsin.  But that is now changing due to the rise of several quality travel organizations who effort to get their players in front of scouts at numerous events including PG events.  You are correct with or without these things the same number of kids would be drafted scholarshipped etc.  But you can bet they wouldn't be the SAME kids.  I for one will do all I can to get my son the exposure he needs when he gets to that point.