Skip to main content

Reply to "Perfect Game: A blessing and a curse?"

I don't understand how playing in a PG tourney could hurt anyone. In a PG premier tourney, you most likely will face a hitter or a pitcher of  higher quality. That's a feather in your sons cap. Plus I know that many players from the northeast have benefited, just look at some of the top conference rosters.

Someone wrote to me that they played a team last week in the PG tourney that didn't belong there. I believe that playing against a better team can make you better.  There is always value in every step you take in this game. Don't ever let anyone say you are not good enough, just watch how much better they will become!

We live in FL and son attended a D1 out of state.  The recruiting coach from Clemson saw him play in Jupiter, and again at another tourney put on by another company as well as PG National in the midwest. This recruiter, now a HC of a powerhouse SEC program is one of the hardest working guys I know, in any profession. I just don't think most people have a clue how hard most college coaches work to find the best players for their program as well as to keep their job from year to year. Lazy!  

Knowing this, I find many comments here very insulting.  Especially from those who have never attended a tourney.  And also because they hide behind an online identity.  

For those who feel they got ripped off from playing at a PG tourney, who you should bring your concerns to the coach/manager who signed your team up. I am assuming you didn't think twice about handing over a check to him. Oh and did you question his fees at all incorporated into that amount. You don't think they go away for weeks at a time for free!  I know my son doesnt! 

FWIW I just returned from a usssa tourney at Oceola Field, spring training facility for Houston.  It was an international tourney, teams from also from PR, Canada and Italy.  There were no scouts in attendance and the gate fee was $10 per person per day for 5 days.

This was told to the team in advance so some folks sent their players with other folks or the coaches. Its expensive.  Do it or dont do it. 

Two stories to share about the WWBA in Jupiter. After son pitched senior fall(with lots of scouts in attendance) an unknown senior followed him.  He made such an impression, he was recruited to UF and played at the ML level.  His parents thought he would be discovered at a HS game. It never happened. He was discovered at a PG event! Unbelievable!  That PG is just out to get your $$$$$$!!!!! 

One year while visiting up in Jupiter WWBA, sitting next to a coach, I asked where he was from...HARVARD.  

I guess those IL coaches attend those events too!

Last edited by TPM