Skip to main content

Reply to "Perfect Game: A blessing and a curse?"

Originally Posted by FoxDad:
Originally Posted by BombSquad123:

PG has proven to be a fantastic company and done a great job putting a lot of baseball recruiting content together like never before. If there is a curse (besides coaching staffs being lazy recruiting and just hanging out at PG events all summer) is that it prices out a lot of talent. There are a handful of solid ball players completely alienated from the recruiting process due to the outrageous money ball tactics of showcase baseball in general, not just PG. It's sad really. Guy A with average talent and money will easily have more options than Guy B with above average talent and less - no money for example.

My son is an example of one of those where we just could not afford to send him to a PG type showcase.

Through the work of his HS coach he was recruited by a D2 JuCo.  From there he was noticed by a D2 university which ultimately offered a nice scholarship.

There are alternatives, but PG and similar outfits definitely makes it "easier" for a ball player to possibly get noticed.  Unfortunately, putting on such events cost $$ - that's just the way of the world, like it or not.

This post is awesome because it cuts to the root and reality of what I read in the bulk of the posters who are negative on PG events.....Entitlement.

FoxDad gets it!!!  PG is one of many avenues.  He can't afford that avenue so he pursues another and has success.  Fantastic. He doesn't feel as though he (FoxKid) is entitled to play in PG events and without it has NO avenue to the next level.  He recognizes the avenue that is available to him and takes it without feeling the need to publicly decry the "system" as excluding him from opportunity.

Last I checked, none of the recruiters, college applications or MLB scouts have told me that my son cannot attend or play for them unless he's first paid to play in a PG event.

Wonder where these entitled kids are coming from?  I'm not.

Last edited by Nuke83