Skip to main content

Reply to "Perfect Game: A blessing and a curse?"

I think most folks forget why organizations like PG and travel ball, in general, need to exist. High School teams are either unfunded or non-existent during the summer (heck, during the school year!) As a working Mom, I know exactly why I signed up my son to play during the summer and fall. Two birds with one stone: Keep him busy and moving while parents are busy AND figure out where he stands in the GLOBAL college ball marketplace. Expensive? Yes. Travel ball coaches not always helpful in the planning dept or communications dept (ie. not honest with families about where their sons stack up)? Yup. Most of my son's (D 3) teammates did not even play PG events. So clearly, there are other avenues other than showcasing at a PG event to play ball in college. (Assuming you think anything lower than D-1 ball is of interest.) I advocate for families to try LakePoint at least once if they can afford it. Where else can you play ball and wakeboard in the same afternoon! So cool!

BTW: This thread (and website) is providing lots of interesting commentary. And, hey, even snark has its utility!