Skip to main content

Reply to "Perfect Game: A blessing and a curse?"

No one is forcing anyone to take a player to a PG event.  No one is forcing anyone to take a team to an event.  There have been countless positive posts on PG on this site from members who where thankful for the opportunities Jerry created for their sons.  PG is offering substantial opportunities to these young men that they would not have in their local towns, tournaments, TB experiences.  Sure there have been some negatives but few and far in between.  So, we are now to be critical of him for making a profit?  College recruitment is an industry and there is a demand for PG's services.  He has a right to make a profit.  He has clearly and consistently stated over the years that he can't control all of the various venues.  He and his organization do their best.  He has constantly and consistently stated over the years that he tries to fill the events with quality program coaches and he does.  Unfortunately the other consistent thing is that parents who's sons have not fared well come onto this site to assess blame instead of take responsibility. 

Per my child, I took care of her recruitment.  I wish I had had some of the services PG offers. 

BTW, lionsbaseball, how do you know it was the water that made your son sick?  It just as well could have been a reaction to the stress of the tournament and playing while trying to get recruited. 

Edited to add:

I forgot the complaints about the food, water, costs.  Sure I'd be hacked off at the parking.  However, my wife and I had to pay $8 each day to get into a local 12U tournament to watch my daughter coach.  Not only that, the food cost was outrageous.  So, we had choices to make as to whether we would spend our money there.  Been that way since TB began. 

Last edited by CoachB25