Skip to main content

Reply to "Perfect Game event questions"

I hear you Coach.  The process has changed a lot in recent years, and my biggest regret on my 2017 was not seeking a stronger travel ball team for him to give him a chance to be in these bigger tournament events.  That said, you do want the Summer leading into Senior year to be where he can get the most exposure to the most schools, so attending some of the showcases is also a great way to go if he has something to show.  The HS coaches in our area around SoCal are usually reasonable in letting kids who are going to be on Varsity anyway and heading into Senior year play elsewhere and attend showcases and camps if they hope to play college baseball.  The kids need to go where the coaches are recruiting to be seen.

P.S. If you are in Colorado, then by all means try to find a travel team that is invited to go to the Arizona Senior Fall Classic in October.  It is one of the best exposure events in the nation, especially if a kid has the academics and can make the All Academic game.  The CO teams that were there in 2016 were MBA Colorado, the Rockies Scout team, and Cherry Creek.  http://azfallclassic.com/az-senior-fall-classic/