Skip to main content

Reply to "Perfect Game Grades- Noticed something"

PG grades are just 1 tool used to determine whether an offer from a school or draft is made.  Scouts would add this to the portfolio of a prospect, look at the overall package and make an offer if all the numbers added up.  Keep in mind there are other factors other than baseball skills that come into play.  An example close to home is my son, had a PG grade of 8.  Several of his acquaintances/competitors had better PG grades, numbers, body type, athleticism, etc.  PG and other entities gave them higher rankings, and most likely as a result opened the door for more interest from colleges/pro.  I followed a few of them over the years, some of course made it to the pros, but several (for whatever reasons) either didn't last in college/pro or are having/had uneventful stats results .  Son is fortunate to have excelled beyond my expectations so far thus, for an "average" kid with a PG grade of 8, you can never tell.  PG does a great job doing what they do best, but there is a process in place and several pieces used to determine success (much like everyday life for all of us).