Skip to main content

Reply to "Perfect Game League-can this be right? The Future of Fees?"

Originally Posted by keewart:

keewartson will be playing in the Hamptons Collegiate Baseball league this coming summer.  Newer league, 7 teams not too spread out, $500 fee, and will get a host family. I think if you don't have a car they will provide bus transportation.  Plus, it's a resort area (that I am looking forward to visiting&nbsp.

Heading north to play baseball in the summer will be a (welcome?) change.  

My son played in the Hampton's in 2011 for the Southampton team. His host family lived in a house out of "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" (swimming pool, workout room, basketball, and tennis courts). They even insisted I stay in their cottage house when i visited.  Travel is relatively easy compared to some of the other leagues, buses were provided from the home field to the away games with nothing being more then 45 minutes away.

I would say not having a car is not a big deal. My son did not have one for part of the summer, but the other guys would get him to where he had to go. His host family provided meals and local volunteers always cooked or provided meals after the games. 

The competition was good. I would call the league a stepping stone to some of the better, more well known leagues. Definitely more then a few guys throwing in 90's and several off his team in 2011 were drafted.