Skip to main content

Reply to "Perfect game vs PBR"

Both were huge for my son.  If you have a high profile travel team, they aren't as important.  If you don't, they are big.  Perfect Game has been the leader, but I see PBR taking over.  They have partnered with all the best tech (trackman, blast, driveline, visual edge)they are now running Lake Pointe, I just see them being the go to over the next several years.  They are positioning themselves to be the leader in providing independent stat info.  Futures Games is the big underclass event for PBR and the Super 60 for seniors, the Underclass National and the National, and the All American games are the biggest showcase events for PG.

I don't concur with Eokerholm about TX PBR, but all of our events were done when Toby Bicknell ran it.  That said, Phil Haig has done a good job getting out to see prospects outside of showcases and reporting on them. PG will never come report your high school game, PBR will if you are a top prospect.   Our first event with PBR TX was son's sophomore year in October.  There were 4-5 RC/PCs there.  PBR gave him a write up and talked to him a bit, he is also a PO.  The next weekend we went to an LSU camp.  No idea how they even knew we were going, but when we got there, the pitching coach pulled my son over and had him throw, talked to him, put him in first in the scrimmage and then had him come get me to tour and sit down to talk.  We found out that PBR had told them about my son before we got there.  To me that's worth the $195 entry fee at a PBR showcase.  We had zero connection to anyone at PBR.  That was the only PBR showcase we did, and he was invited to the Futures Games and the Super 60.  With both organizations, if you haven't done an event, you will likely not get invites to the big ones, and likely will not be on the radar for rankings.

Last edited by baseballhs