Skip to main content

Reply to "PG 17U WWBA /National Academic /Sunshine Northeast /Atlantic Coast Top Prospect"

Thanks for all the posts. My 2017 has been to two PG WWBA tournaments, but not to any of the PG showcases yet. That is what prompted my initial question about the value and relative pros and cons of PG run tournaments and showcases. At tournaments, the players are evaluated on game performances and that is always a hit or miss in my opinion (depending on where you play for example at Lakepoint or area HS fields, who you are playing, and who is watching you at any given point when you are pitching). My 2017 has not been to a PG showcase, and does not have any video or updated verified numbers as mentioned by the previous post. I wonder if at an National Academic Showcase or a Top Prospect or a Sunshine Showcase, will there me more eyes watching?. Do games played at Showcase events count just as much as in tourneys where the win/loss is not an issue? Do they attract a better assembly of coaches, as there probably are fewer players? Just wishing to see where to put our emphasis this Summer. As I mentioned, my son will play at the 17U WWBA tourney, but we wish to add a couple showcases - but only if they are of value. We appreciate the feedback received.