Skip to main content

Reply to "PG 17U WWBA /National Academic /Sunshine Northeast /Atlantic Coast Top Prospect"

I would do the PG Northeast Showcase in June and set his measurables heading into the summer season.  You'll have his velo numbers, PG rating, video and comparison with his class out there for anyone to see post-showcase plus you'll have whatever coaches are there watching him.  

Redbird has a lot more knowledge and experience than I do but my 2016 played with 2 RHPs with similar to your 2017 (one last year and one this year).  Both had max velos 1 MPH below yours and sat/sit around the same and both committed D1 over the summer before Sr. year.  My 2016 played the summer season 2 years ago with the 2015 player and he had lots of attention with those pitching numbers everywhere we went - including Lakepoint.  His current HS teammate had college coaches at his last few starts last HS season, then went to PG Northeast to start his summer showcase season and was committed by mid-summer.    Just my opinion but your 2017 is exactly the type of player that would do well at a PG showcase (as long as he also gets outs).