Skip to main content

Reply to "PG 2007 Top 2000 High School List"

quote:
Originally posted by baseballguy:
08 catcher -
...should be given for free..???

The folks who copy and paste ARE essentially giving you the info for free. You're unhappy because they are not giving you ALL the info for free.

Anyone who thinks the kind of information and the extent of the information that PG provides has no costs involved are simply dreaming. These may be the same folks who think that PG is making million$$$. From the outside, PG appears to me to be a very complex information business, with tremendous logistical costs, probably a pretty hefty payroll (it takes a lot of people to get and distribute all that information, keep it current, etc, etc). I can only imagine the costs in maintaining their website, which is continually updated and kept fresh. So....should PG do all that out of the goodness of their heart. Seems to me they are pretty "giving" as it is.

And now, it is STILL not enough.....people want ALL the information for free. Amazing!

I am surprised that PG does not do more to try to minimize the copying and paste-ing that currently goes on of their information. This happens even on their own website message board!

Not unhappy, because i dont/wont get into the hype, just stating my opinion. I know it takes alot of money to run PG, but you cant tell me that without the website PG would go out of business. PG charges alot of money for a kid to go to a showcase and they rake in more than it costs them to run the showcase or else they wouldnt be doing it.

They are putting a number next to a kid and promoting these draft picks as the reason they got drafted was because they went to a PG showcase. They cant put that out for free? Give me a break. You want to charge for an in depth analysis on why a player is good or bad fine, but for the privledge to see a name with a number, not so much.