Skip to main content

Reply to "PG 2007 Top 2000 High School List"

quote:
They are putting a number next to a kid and promoting these draft picks as the reason they got drafted was because they went to a PG showcase.

Please show examples that show anyone taking credit or saying the reason someone got drafted was because they went to a PG showcase. The only examples I can think of is when the player and the family have stated that. There's a big difference between saying someone attended an event and the event was the reason they got drafted. An event is simply an event... A players ability is what gets him drafted!

quote:
PG charges alot of money for a kid to go to a showcase and they rake in more than it costs them to run the showcase or else they wouldnt be doing it.

People have told me that is not good business to enter these discussions. However, I do it anyway, because I'm not interested in being a good businessman. I wish we didn't have to charge players anything, but I haven't been to a showcase since Christmas break. then before that a tournament in October! We did bring in a lot of money at those two events, but it costs around $12,000 each and every day of the year for us to break even (stay in business). Think about that for awhile!!!! We have no way to do an event today, but it will cost us $12,000. The past week cost $84,000. It kind of puts a little perspective to things, when you're responsible for paying the bills.

No sympathy needed or asked for, just wish people understood a bit better. 08catcher, I don't really expect to change anyone's mind. You are welcome to your opinion. Maybe you'll change your mind at some point. If not, that's Ok, if I were in your shoes I might feel the same way.