Skip to main content

Reply to "PG and Gamechanger/ Diamondkast"

STATS,

I agree with almost everything you have to say, except for two things.  We do expect to maintain quality.  The stats on player profiles is done more for the parents and players.  They may choose to use them or not.  Yes we do need to make sure they are as accurate as possible.  However, there is not a college coach or MLB scout that will make a decision based on stats.  That doesn't mean the stats are unimportant, but we have seen future first rounders go 0 for tournament and we have seen tournament MVP's that had trouble finding a DI program that is interested.  Then again, we are the largest scouting service in baseball and we do keep track of stats, so we do think it can be important at times.

Still, if we are going to display them they need to be accurate.  That for sure is important and we are making too many mistakes.  Our goal is to fix that and we have a plan.  Also there is no excuse for entering the wrong velocity.  That is extremely important to scouts and coaches.  We simply won't allow that to happen.  No recorded velocity is better than the wrong velocity.

BackPick,

You make some good points, but we sure are far from amateur.  We have and have had many former MLB scouts and College Coaches that work for us.  We have also trained and lost many of our scouts to MLB Clubs.  We take great pride in our player rankings which have proven to be very accurate for some two decades.  Not sure you meant it that way, but I think the industry considers us something more than amateurs. We do have nearly every MLB club that subscribes to our scouting service as do most of the DI programs. 

I'm sure it is possible, but I am surprised by a foul ball being listed when it was much higher than normal.  That is extremely rare.  Actually have spent many hours explaining that "son" didn't really throw one pitch 10 mph better than all other pitches, it was off the bat.  Also at LP we have trackman and it doesn't usually make mistakes.  Is that pitcher listed FB range 80-93?  That alone would tell me something is wrong.  Same goes for 80-83/93.  Something is definitely wrong.  Usually these things get corrected before they are actually posted.  Anyway, we do have some work to do finding more good scorekeepers.  

I'm not here to make excuses, we need to improve.  We need to do better.  We expect better.  Some of these complaints are legitimate.  Some seem more like... here is an opportunity to pile on.

BTW, I don't consider the two posts I just responded to as piling on at all.  Just wanted to give my opinion.  Which on here these days seems to not be worth a whole lot.