Skip to main content

Reply to "PG and Gamechanger/ Diamondkast"

baseballmom posted:

The moaners & complainers on here so remind me of the Jr high girls in the lunchroom bi***ing abt little Johnny dancing with Betty Sue, then making out with Lucy Lou! FOLKS, TAKE OFF THE ROSE COLORED GLASSES! Yep, I'm shouting! Get out of the EGO, be realistic! Your son in all likelihood is NOT the next Aaron Judge or Nolan Ryan, or I sharo Suzukl, or ... He likely is NOT that ELITE College player, either.  Perfect Game or any other recruiting service may not be the way to go. Do your homework,  folks.  But all you "7th grade gals" need to grow up. A much more professional approach on ANY scoring issues would be directly with the source. PG is able and willing to make the adjustment. They're human!      'nough said. 

Baseballmom, I appreciate your willingness to continue the conversation, but let's keep it civil. Your son was one of the creme of the crop, seems to have had a great deal of success in baseball according to your profile. The fact of the matter is a very small percentage of players meet the definition of elite. But there are more opportunities to play at the college level than just the top programs like TCU, Florida, etc. I just think that trying to shout down dissenting point of views because that wasn't your experience is not helpful. Your son probably had a radically different experience with college recruiting based on the years he was being recruited (sounds like he may have been recruited around early 2000's). It is a different game now, and to discount people's feelings and opinions about a process that is cash intensive is not fair just because that wasn't your experience.