Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Fall Academic Showcase"

Thanks to all responders. As usual greatly appreciate it. Below are the take homes for me and 2020.

1. (GOV) Oct-Nov Showball or HF camps as a follow up to the AZ Classic.  Multiple chances to show his skills within a few weeks of each camp.

2. (2018SSDAD) The more you are out there showing the better your chances of getting noticed. You never know who's watching and what they will think (and need).

3. (PABASEBALL) looking into showcases in MA, CT, NJ, NY - for more local East Coast/Smaller budget schools.

4. (CTBBALLDAD) already plan to use one of the dates you mentioned that we had missed. Thanks.

5. (2019DAD) Arizona Junior Fall Classic, so if you could swing it that might be a good option. 

6. (FENWAYSOUTH) Your son will need to go to national level showcases (in the future) to get the attention of these HA schools but I'd signup & travel ($$$) only after scoring acceptable (or in the neighborhood) metrics for SATs/ACTs that are going to make it worthwhile for your son and the coaches.  -  AGREE, HE DOES HAVE THE ACADEMICS TO GET TOP SCHOOLS. BUT BEING A MIDDLE INFIELDER WILL NEED TO KEEP GETTING OUT THERE AS OPPOSED TO PITCHERS THROWING 88-90 WHO GET EASILY NOTICED>

7. (RIPKEN FAN) If he has the tools to show (including Academic Track record for HA) I would attend .."bang for buck." type events 

8. (GARYME) The moral I take from this is cast a wide net and get to events where decision makers are.

9. (ROADRUNNER) If you are a position player, you are going to have to show college coaches that you can hit legitimate pitching, similar to what is in their school conference. Often times the best way to showcase hitting ability is by playing against top pitchers at PG or similar events.  Coaches like to see hitters many times and often follow a recruit for more than a year. 

So we have taken allof these to heart. 2020 will continue to play in tourneys versus as good competition as his team will enlist in PG Underclass at Fort Myers etc. Will do specific school camps based off of Summer HF and Showball events to get more interaction and feedback by entire coaching team and not just the HC or the RC that saw him, do AZ Junior Academic Tryout, perhaps do a Winter HF or Showball, and in winter just hit the books, the weight room, the track, the cages and the bullpen to continue to develop. The hope is all of this with Spring baseball will get him in as good a baseball package by Summer 2019 or earlier! Thanks again all.