Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Fall National Prospect Showcase Invite"

PGStaff posted:

I suggest that anyone truly interested in recruiting or other college baseball subjects listen to the PG College Baseball Show with Darron Sutton on the College Sports Radio Network.  Over the course of the preseason and season you will hear what many of the top coaches from every division have to say about recruiting, their team, and college baseball.  They are interviewed every week and I don't think any coach has ever refused to be on the show. This show has been on for the past three years.  BTW, I only know of one college coach that has ever posted here.  Maybe a couple former coaches which would include myself. Our college coverage is led by Mike Rooney, former recruiting coordinator at Arizona State who helps Sutton host the show.  People could learn a lot from what all these coaches have to say.

Also there is the PG show on the MLB Radio Network after every Sunday night game.  Again players, coaches, scouts and others involved in amateur baseball are on the show every week.  It's the only radio show about amateur baseball.  It goes on most of the year.

Please, this is not a promotion, these shows have been going for three or four years and I doubt if I have mentioned them here more than once.  It doesn't make us any money, just the opposite, but they are very informative shows that many on here would really enjoy.

Please, this is not a promotion....really? Then what exactly is it? Let me guess, it's just a very cleverly disguised (not) helpful piece of advice for those here that don't know what PG does and how PG can help their kids reach the next level of baseball?

Doesn't make you any money? OK, sure....all the ad buys, commercials, etc. for the shows are free? Viewers that tune in won't see your logo's or paraphernalia anywhere on the set? PG or what it does is never mentioned? Dang, do you take everyone on here for a sucker? Wait...don't answer that. Someone might call you a 'liar'.

I know you are a long time poster, love the interaction and banter with all the people that don't own a tournament/recruiting business like yourself. You're just a regular guy, not a salesman, a self proclaimed crappy businessman, etc. etc. I get it.

But let me ask you this....why is it that PG is the only business of it's kind allowed to post the above kind of company promotions here? Why don't we see the occasional post from PBR, ProspectWire, etc. pimping their wares as you do? I certainly don't see them coming to their own defense anytime anyone whispers the slightest hint of negativity towards their organizations. Are they afforded the same advertising privileges within threads that you are? Do they just need to purchase the occasional banner ad? Just seems a bit odd that you're the only one....

Additionally, why is it that every post you make on here promoting any aspect of your business comes with the caveat of: This is not an ad, not a promotion, I'm not trying to sell anything, we don't need your money, etc. etc.? Call me crazy, but if it flops like a fish & smells like a fish....chances are-

I've got no problem with someone attempting to sell me something, it's just a tad annoying when the seller travels to all ends of the earth to let me know he's not trying to 'sell' me anything. 

***I know.....I'm a 'hater', how can you question me, this post is a slight towards PG, I'm one of the exact same people, I don't respect the establishment...blah, blah, blah***