Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Fall National Prospect Showcase Invite"

"So you can tell the moderator that sent you that report that I too will be leaving this forum and community, because it is not objective, is basically a Petri dish for PG to sway public opinion about the importance they have in the recruiting process. Oh, last word. Perfect Game does pay the bills here and didn't want anyone to know, got that information from TPM. "

In my view, the HSBBW has been tending more and more toward what is experienced by those who coach baseball, especially HS baseball. Perhaps the HSBBW has even a slant which is more harsh than coaching HS baseball  since folks hide behind a screen name in the way they "attack."  Hopefully all of those 2020-2022 can read through this thread and see it as a microcosm of what it is now like to coach HS baseball and at the college level in some situations.  It is messy!

Baseball recruiting has changed,  The attitudes and approaches of parents who are involved in baseball recruiting have changed.  The "need" and frenzy for immediate answers has most definitively changed.

The HSBBW is a single source which allows members to realize there is no one way to be recognized and recruited.  To be honest, over the past few months I would think Headfirst far outweighs PG on this site as a resource for folks to consider. Even though I talked with college coaches who heavily recruit (successfully) the Stanford Camp, more than a few here found the current approach at Stanford not to their liking and stated so publicly. 

In this posters/members perspective, the recruiting process is not, in many ways, where more information is better. Rather, it seems a key issue getting lost is how to process more information without extrinsic pressure. In reality there are only 3 things which are factors in the entire process-baseball talent, exposure and education.Part of processing the information includes processing how PG thinks.  In my view, learning his perspectives is a unique resource of incredible value, if used as a learning tool and not gospel. On this site, posters get that incredible wealth of information at no cost.  You don't need to buy it and you can use all or none of it or something in between.

What seems like a huge mistake being made by some is trying to destroy such a valuable resource. However, it  ain't much different than next Spring will be for far too many HS and college coaches and their staffs!

Not all of our sons will be "D1" or need to be "D1" just like not all of our sons will attend an Ivy or Stanford and don't need to attend and Ivy or Stanford.

So, I guess the HSBBW will now be challenged to assess if it really is a community of those who share a love of baseball as the common theme as contrasted with a "frenzied" site of anxious parents who will do most anything to get something for their son including running off an incredibly valuable resource for reasons which make little to no sense to this poster.