Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Grade/Top Prospect List Chances?"

Hi Dinger,

Sounds like you had a nice showing!

I wouldn't focus too much on the rating or awards at this stage.  But I really like the analysis as it gives you some sound feedback.

My oldest did a PG event and was named a Top Prospect and a top 100 at his position nationally.  It made him and us feel good and it was nice to share with college coaches nationwide.  My youngest never did a PG event.  Both my boys play in college.

What I love about PG is the experienced, detailed feedback.  They see so many kids and have such a great feel for where a player stacks up.  And if a player has a PG rating, college coaches will use PG's analysis as a trusted third party assessment. 

You may ultimately get a 7, 8.5, or 10 or are named a Top Prospect.  PG is a valued opinion.  And  yet (IMHO for the majority of players) college coaches will want to see you play live.  So the PG ranking is not the be all, end all, nor do they profess it to be.

Where do you want to go to college?  Are you being seen or have a gameplan to be seen by the coaches on your vetted (academically and athletically) list of schools?

Are you doing the things now (as a 2020) that put you in the best possible position as a rising Junior and rising Senior to get offers from the schools on your vetted lists?  Building strength.  Getting great grades.  Pitching instruction and development.  Successfully competing in games.  Preparing for standardized tests.  

These things are really important for a guy entering Sophomore year.  You have time to get so much better!  Good luck!!