Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Grade/Top Prospect List Chances?"

cabbagedad posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

I'd like to remind everyone that this post was by a 15 year old who is just starting out and excited by the PG event he attended.  Can we all dial it back a bit?

CaCOGirl, the 15 y.o. poster came on, handled himself quite well, was complimented and given great information, then showed appreciation - all very good.  It was another new poster who came on and criticized and questioned a few of our long time contributors, then criticized others and continued, even though PGStaff initially addressed the questioning politely, thoughtfully and thoroughly.  

"Why is the CEO of Perfect Game even on a chat room forum? Does he own this website? It sure would benefit him to have a forum like this to sway public opinion and perception of the value of Perfect Game in the recruiting of baseball players. I question that this is truly an open forum. I think we are all being duped. I bet a glass of shutup juice that PG owns this website."

How do you expect this type of post from a new poster to be responded to, particularly given consideration to the long track record of PGStaff as someone as honest and helpful as he has been so often and so consistently here? 

Yes, the 15 y.o. poster IS excited by the PG event he attended and it is just plain wrong for him to be given the impression that a key figure of that organization is some sort of liar who lacks integrity when it couldn't be further from the truth.  I'm not sure what you are suggesting.  I may be misinterpreting your comment.

I agree with you Cabbagedad, I don't blame Jerry for being upset. 

No one else was nasty, and FWIW, the OP handled his inquiry with intelligence and maturity. Great job!!!!