Skip to main content

Reply to "PG scout notes (stats)"

rynoattack posted:

"So yeah, I guess it's a parental problem...except how many club baseball team were there in the 1990's vice now? Is it because there are that many more college caliber kids out there because all of the sudden the coaching got that much better over the years?"

I would answer that "Yes" there are more college caliber kids now, and that the players are definitely better now than there were in the 90's.  Just look at the velos of the kids today.  90 back then would get you in a great spot, now, it generally takes more than just hitting that mark.  

I would argue that the club baseball teams that you are apparently bashing as money makers are one of the main reasons.  Club baseball allowed my son to receive daily instruction from a former D-1, 2 Time All American, a Stanford Catcher, and a myriad of other former pro & college players.  Daily learning through their practices, conversations about the mental aspects of the game undoubtedly helped Ryno along the way. 

There is no question there are better players now and more college caliber kids, because they are practicing more, eating better, training harder, etc.

Don't put words in my mouth, I wasn't bashing anyone.