Skip to main content

Reply to "PG scout notes (stats)"

I get stats don't matter for future advancement...you will find no place on this entire forum where I am arguing over the importance of stats.

That being said - what about the 98.5% of kids who DONT play D1 - and the 99.5% who don't play professionally? what about the VAST majority of clients who are just paying the money for the experience? I do believe an honest attempt at a reasonable product is not to much to ask for. Not because the stats matter but the product does, you are selling a product and a brand.

Think about it - there are roughly 6000 kids at the u17 WWBA (400x15) and another 5500 at the U16 and another 5000 at the u15...you are selling the "product" for 15 bucks a week and 40 for the year. It is worth getting it reasonably close.

So many people on here (myself included maybe) are baseball snobs. PG as you know it wouldn't be here without the masses, over 50% of the kids at Lakepoint are flat wasting money but nobody cares, nor should they. They have an important function, they create the revenue for PG, they create the ability to build a facility like Lakepoint or East Cobb before that. They support the infrastructure - your costs - the high fliers, the bottom half of the roster, the mid major guys, the D2 guys would all be higher with out them. The services PG provides as "gift" to the elite are paid for by the masses.

IMO get off the high horse, realize this is a complex business and there is a place in the PG model for the bottom level - PG knows this even if they won't admit it. The business model would have to change with out them...the lowly 98.% who are just there chasing an impossible dream and a life experience.

There is tremendous baseball advise on this site but much of it doesn't have a damn clue to how to run a business or satisfy a customer.