Skip to main content

Reply to "PG scout notes (stats)"

IMO this is why it is so hard to find common ground, it is the parents fault?

I DONT BLAME PG - they are making money for a great product just don't absolve them. They know exactly what they are doing, they know they have expanded, they know that they let in teams that have little to zero chance of competing, they made choice that is what they are going to do. I don't consider PG greedy - I do think they like to play the role of hero little small town operator while in the background they are a very effective corporate machine.

When you take the money from teams that don't belong you take the problems that go with it.

My sons team won the pool they were in and made the playoff round, they played an awesome game and upset a monster to do it. They are a good regional team that executed and got a little lucky. They were better, hands down not close, better then 4 of the 8 teams they played, they were less talented then 2 and similar to the other 2.

IMO our team was pretty much at the bottom of the level that should be considering going there. That means IMO half the teams we played  were in over their heads and didn't belong in the event. That is not impressive to me. It wasn't always that way.

Here is an interest thing for you, check out how the 4th, 5th and 6th teams do for most of the national powerhouses, how much responsibly do they have?

You can't possibly blame the parents for the big boys sending 3 or 4 teams beyond what they know are competitive can you? They don't let parents select what team they are going to play for in the organization or what that schedule is do they?

Could you be able to argue PG should use better judgment then to let say team x enter a 5th or 6th team when they know the 4th team has struggled and been a bottom feeder the few years?

There is plenty of blame to go around.