Skip to main content

Reply to "PG scout notes (stats)"

stayfocused posted:

I will chime in on this.....so for those of us who do not have the "studs" here is a real world positive of the 17U WWBA from a couple of weeks ago.  The week after, my son has had offers from D2s and JUCOs who just happened to see him in ATL.  None of these schools were on his contact list.    I am sure this same story could be told by many others who were in attendance. IMO without these huge events this would have never happened.  

A little off topic but nevertheless.....its genius for JUCOs who can afford to send someone to this event.....find good players who are maybe flying under the radar and wham you might have yourself a really good year coming up.  If you look at your local D1 JUCO here in the southeast,  you will see kids from all over the U.S.  The only explanation is that they were "discovered" in Atlanta.   

That's great for your son, really. But that's like saying you can't win the lottery without buying a ticket. You don't catch fish in a pond with no fish in it, right? Gotta know where to drop bait and when to cut bait.

What year is your son? 2018?