Skip to main content

Reply to "PG scout notes (stats)"

I deleted a few of the more pointedly personal comments here, and I am closing this thread.

Over the years we have had plenty of threads from people with axes to grind against PG. I see nothing new being contributed in this one.

Scorekeeper competence is a topic PG Staff has acknowledged as a continuous challenge. More than once, he invited HSBaseballWeb members to let him know of specific obvious errors, and he followed up to correct them. 

I've been to PG tournaments as a dad and an umpire, and they are across-the-board the best managed and organized tournaments I've been to. I don't fault them for responding to demand by increasing tournament fields and adding layers of more elite tournaments and events as the WWBA events grew so big. I remember when people used to beat them up for not allowing enough teams into the WWBA.

Most of the problems with travel baseball are parent driven. Travel organizations, baseball academies, showcase operators and tournament organizers are simply responding to an insatiable consumer demand. PG is at the top end of the industry in competence and integrity.

Because I have a high regard for PG in general and an even higher regard for Jerry personally, I don't like to see our forums used to beat up on PG. 

Last edited by Swampboy