Skip to main content

Reply to "PG National Showcase"

@adbono posted:

I get it that I’m the voice of dissent in this thread. And the event may be well worth attending for the OP for many reasons. But I looked at the roster of the players registered. I can only speak about a very small sample size. But as for the Texas players listed, there were a couple of names I expected to see and didn’t. And there were at least 2 names that support my earlier comments. Just saying things have changed in 2 years.

It's OK for everyone to express opinions.

I am still a PG supporter.  I know folks call them a money grab but they have played a big part in helping lots of players to achieve their dreams so its hard to tell folks what to do and not do.

My opinion is that it should be about choosing the right venue for each individual player without breaking the bank.  It's really not a bad idea to attend an event where a player doesnt belong so he/she can find out where they do belong.

BUT, I do agree with you, players are best to stay within their geographical regions because players usually do end up playing close or in their home state or region. Of course that doesn't work for everyone.