Skip to main content

Reply to "PG? Or anyone ? Help with Area Code Tryouts"

azallan,

Actually we are big supporters of the Area Codes. The majority of those invited to attend Area Code tryouts are invited based on the scouts within their area.

All the Area Code teams have fulltime Major League scouts in charge of the teams from their area.

I'm not sure if all the scouts do everything exactly the same, but we are very close to several of the main people.

We want to do everything possible to work with Area Codes and East Coast Pro, who we also have a great relationship with. These are very important events and we scout both every year along with USA Baseball's big events.

My suggestion is to find out who is in charge of the Area Code team from your area. It shouldn't be very hard because most all the teams are sponsored by a Major League club. I don't feel comfortable giving out names or contact info. Hope you can understand.

Anytime we are asked whether someone should attend the Area Codes or East Coast Pro we strongly recommend those events. Not to speak directly for them, but those scouts running the Area Codes and East Coast Pro scout our events heavily. So in some ways we actually do work together. For sure we are all looking for the best prospects.