Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Pitcher/Catcher IA showcase"

HOWDYBASEBALL,

Once again everything depends on how talented your son is. If he has the talent to play at the highest level or be a pro prospect, it is always best to get involved in the National events.  

Many ask why if he plans on staying within his state does he need to attend a National type event.  The reason is it opens up opportunities and increases his value everywhere, including his home state.

That said,  if we see this type of player at any event, we will do everything possible to get him to a National or at least regional type event.  If we see talent people will know.

Someone emailed me and asked what makes us such an authority on talent?  It wasn't asked In the right way so I didn't bother to reply. Had I replied here is what I would have said...

When you look at the rosters of the top college programs and the top conferences, nearly the entire rosters are often players we have seen while in HS.  If you look at the MLB Draft and nearly all the early picks are players we have seen in HS.  When you understand that nearly 800 of these players we have seen in HS have ended up playing in the Big Leagues and that number is growing fast each year.   It really isn't that difficult being an authority on the necessary talent it takes.  It's actually sort of simple, the more you see, the better you get.  This is not rocket science!