Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Pitching Rules"

roothog66 posted:

To be fair, though, PG can provide a lot of services that the vast majority of tournaments and leagues can not. Your local Babe Ruth league just doesn't have the staff that PG has, nor the infrastructure in place to do the kind of things PG can do.

That’s part of why I created that report. As you know I’ve paid very close attention to the stories where states like yours have gone to pitch counts, and that report seemed like a logical step to take. It makes absolutely no sense to me to have any kind of “issue” when it’s possible to iron things out before the 1st pitch of the game. There’s no way I can control what other coaches do, but I can sure cover my coaches a$$ and keep him out of as much controversy as possible, and at the same time protect the kids too.

I’m kickin’ around factoring in stress and some other things as well to not just show what the last outing was in pure pitches. FI, a pitcher throwing 25, 20, and 45 for 90 total pitches worked a lot harder than one throwing 15 pitches an inning for 6 innings. Maybe that 1st pitcher should be rested for 5 days instead of 4, just to be safe.