Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Pitching Rules"

Guaranteed games and the perception of its value is a big problem at the younger ages. A lot of coaches and parents enter in to these 4 or more guaranteed game tournaments . Well add another 3 or 4 games  on to that if you make it to the championship. The younger teams rosters can't handle that much baseball over a three day weekend. There are no PO's . You show me a 12u team with a roster big enough to handle that many games in a weekend I'll show you a team that's lucky to make it through the season before a parent mutiny over playing time. Gotta love Sunday ( championship day)  three or more games at the end of the weekend. It's kind of a blur but, I think my sons team played 5 games one Sunday at 10 or 11. It's like watching a reenactment of rocky 2 out there on the baseball diamond. I am of the opinion that anymore than 2 games in a day isn't real baseball. No one is fresh,kids are pushing their bodies to their limits its ceased being baseball and morphed into endurance baseball. Changing coaches and parents perception of value would be difficult but, I believe this  would prevent a lot of injuries especially in the younger age groups.