Skip to main content

Reply to "PG please come back!"

TPM posted:
Nuke83 posted:

Clearly not any kind of fool.  Enough fools here who simply didn't get it to the extent of running him off.

I always thought that he had thicker skin, which you need sometimes on this site.

Also missing is the owner. This place needs sprucing up, badly. Moderators can only do so much. 

I am going to say whats been on my mind for a long time.....does anyone really care about this site anymore?

TPM, yes we care about the site and value those of you who give us great insight and advice.  I have mad respect for those who care for and moderate this site. I am willing to donate to refurbish the site, but have hesitated because I'm not sure if the money donated will be used to improve it vs. upkeep.   The search function isn't great.  There's a lot of outdated info. that really isn't relevant.  There are sections that aren't used.  It could use a new wireframe based on topics/pages that have highest traffic.  Technology has changed a lot.  It would be smart to do a survey to get info from current users to steer a redesign.  But this will all take a significant amount of effort.  So, the questions in my mind are: Does the site owner want to take this on?  If the answer is no, then is he/she willing to have others do it?  If the site owner is willing, does he/she need help with redesign and implementation or just money?  Are some of us willing to invest time and money to help?  What would the cost be?  Will enough of us help raise the money to make it happen?  I would be willing to donate money and attend conference calls on site content, navigation/design, but I'm not a designer or IT person.