Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Questions"

infield08-
My son (an '08) has been to 4 PG showcases. I will try to answer your questions:
1) The #1 thing PG tries to do in setting up teams is balance out the positions. In other words, they don't want 4 SS's on one roster. I have seen at SOME showcases that a number of players from one HS or city are on a team. I am GUESSING that was by request. Bottom line, don't worry about the team make up. PG is looking at individual player performances.

2) I would be interested in hearing TrHit's response to this question. As far as size (and skills/abilities, too) goes, pro scouts look more for projectability, while colleges are looking for "what can you do for me NOW". I am of the feeling that, as a parent (or player for that matter), don't worry about height. As long as your son is eating/sleeping properly, his eventual height is out of his/your control. As he ages/matures, his body will fill out.

3) It has been my experience that it takes approximately 6-8 weeks for PG to post ratings/reports on their website. What event did your son attend? As an example, the Sunshine East showcase finished on June 11. I fully expect the reports to be online in the next week or so.

GOOD LUCK!