Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Showcase in Dallas"

@Senna posted:

Took a quick gander at what I assume is the event, and it shows he had a 7.5 for his event in Aug. Or am I missing something?

Either way, IMO, don’t worry about it. The numbers look solid for a ‘24. If they translate into performance in games, that’s what will really matter 

I think the 7.5 is carried over from his last event, but the three scores for hitting, fielding, etc were 7. I could be wrong? Either way, I think he was hoping to see it go up (and maybe I was too). As another posted, his arm strength is certainly not “elite” right now, so that could be a factor? He just turned 15 and is now a freshman, so at his age, everything is a work in progress. I don’t want to overthink all this—but I probably already have! Ha! Anyways, there has been some great advice on this thread, which I will incorporate— I love the concept of having a business plan, and approaching in that fashion. Ultimately, we’ll keep our focus on improving the skill set. Obviously that and his character are what matters most.

I am already thankful for this board, in this new landscape, where money is flying everywhere, all of your guidance is really helpful.

Anyone remember when your dad paid $30-$50 for little league and you played 20 games a year plus All Stars? Yeah, those days are gone.