Skip to main content

Reply to "PG showcase vs PG WWBA tournament"

I'll explain why I wish I had sent my son to a PG showcase early in the season. In June he tore his PCL and MCL. He has missed the entire summer showcsase season following his junior year. He will miss the entire fall showcase season. Basically he's missing his entire ability to showcase. He'll have to hope some team has a roster spot when he showcases the summer after his senior season. He's mostly SOL.

If he had a PG rating, along with video and coach references he would be in a far better place. With the new roster limits walking on at a D1 is more unlikely now. Chances are he will have to walk on at a mid range D3 when he was a top D3 to mid major D1 prospect. He's not going to play baseball at a BS D3 just to say he played. His college baseball plans may be out the window. What is out the window are all the top academic colleges that would have taken him with a 3.5 as an athlete.

Yes, it's been very painful watching his teammates one by one commit to D1 programs while my son is on crutches wearing a knee brace hoping he finds out in October he doesn't need senior season ending surgery. There are days I can't even log on to this site after seeing my son's frustration.

Note: If anyone sees this please do not suggest a JuCo. JuCos are frowned on academically in the northeast. The schools on his list do not look at JuCo transfers for academic reasons.
Last edited by RJM