Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Staff question"

quote:
If, on the other hand, you overestimate your son's ability and send him to a camp for the sole purpose of being recruited by that school...and you took food off your table to do that...then you blew it, not the coach.

Just BB,

Wow, you really don't get it do you?

For the record my son is signed, sealed and set to play for a D1 school next year which goes to your implication I over-estimated my kids ability which incidentally, was never part of the issue I was making but somehow you dragged it in.

Point you keep missing or intentionally overlook (maybe you are a college coach?) is more than one D1 coach called him over the summer and wrote to him inviting him to "their HS prospect clinics" based on "their interest in him" from receiving and reviewing his DVD and baseball resume. In these particular incdences we did NOT randomly sign-up or seek these colleges out. Both promoted the lure of "X" number of kids they signed from same camp year before and all I am suggesting is if that is what they are going to promote then what is the harm in publicizing exactly which kids they recruited from their camps that are now on their current rosters??? Why hide it if is true be proud and promote them and your camp at same time!

You seem to think there is nothing wrong in these instances with NOT having to validate something these coaches used as a carrot to lure me, my son (my money)so I can validate I spent money on something that was legit. Matters not whether they recruited my son fromm the clinic they wanted to see him at, what SHOULD matter to all who attended believing they might be one of the few chosen, is did they recruit ANY kids who attended??? If yes....post the names with a BIG congratulations on their team website.
Now THAT would pretty much solidify the invite was legit would it not?

If no kids were signed then NO BIGGIE - the talent was NOT as good as they anticipated BUT...if none were recruited then THAT COACH should not be able to advertise next year that he signed "X" number of players from a camp where in fact he signed NONE!

I am sorry if you don't get the whole food off my table analogy but I don't know how better to explain it so...my bad.

As far as 2B Mom, you agree with me and then side with those who clearly do not? Nothing like wavering.

Not once did I reference PG showcases as part of my issues. I mentioned some colleges and their coaches and I obviously began this post with questions about PG to begin with.