Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Sunshine East/Academic showcase"

Originally Posted by dadof2015player:

Piggy-backing off of what lefthookdad just asked... My son just got two invites for that weekend; the Sunshine Northeast in NJ and the Academic in Ft Myers.  Can anyone offer advice on which to go to?? Thanks!

We had this decision to make in 2011 for my 2013. We chose Sunshine Northeast. The event had plenty of talent to measure himself. In the end we decided to stay closer to home to save $$ on the travel expenses also we figured more of the schools in his target market (North Carolinas and north) would be at Norteast. We saw  a handful of Ivy's at PG Northeast and several other very good academic schools. There were probably even more there but may have not been as visable. Sunshine Northeast for someone from that region IMO is an excellent option especially after HS Soph year is a great choice. It was a springboard for putting him on the map while gaining terrific exposure. The event was extremely well run and gave him a very good perspective on where he may fit as a potential player at the next level. Hope that helps. If you have any additional questions feel free to PM me Good Luck!!