Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Sunshine East/Academic showcase"

My two cents on first PG showcase.  positives-players excited to be "looked" at. Met some nice teammates. Nice fields-only one used score Board.

Negatives- only one chance to run 60. Son did well but would like to see kids get 2 chances. Scouts I saw we're only there to see specific players(2014) and they left after about 3 innings. They werent looking for undiscovered talent.scout reports generic.

Kids were not playing baseball but playing for good numbers so those could be posted. on IF times they were throwing for speed only location did not matter. One kid threw 4 of 5 into stands But his speed was great.

Most pitchers trying for velocity numbers. Locations not so great. Many would be walked but since that's not allowed they had to throw fastballs,again many trying for speed not strike zone.hit batters could not take base. Many hit batters because kids were wild throwing for speed. 3-4 innings for pitchers who were primary pitchers, usu one inning if pitching was secondary positions.  Sons coach did not interact w them at all-seemed bored to be there. Few other coaches got into it and chatted it up w the pLayers. 

Only played two games. Everyone batted took awhile to get up again. Usu three at bats per game. Switched after 5 batters or 3 outs. So if son got hit as fifth batter and got on they switched so running skills were not seen.

no seminars or taking too the group at All.

ok exp but not really worth $600. Some traveled far away and had to pay for hotels. 

I would say do one but then go to college camps.