Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Sunshine West Showcase"

cabbagedad posted:

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish.  Some go to get metrics in PG because it is the go-to and trusted source.  Some go for exposure to either specific or non-specific college targets.  Some go to see where they stack up, some for the opportunity to play against better competition, many go for a combination of reasons.  

As PG continues to add events and include more and more lower age groups, I think it becomes more important to recognize the make-up of each individual event.  Logic would tell me that the new events with more lower age group would be watered down a bit just from the standpoint of present skill set.  That said, I haven't been to any of these newer events so this is just my deduction.  This particular event is described well by others above.  Sunshine West has always been a strong event although not a true "invite only" event.

Thanks to you and all who have chimed in here.  My son is interested in metrics, and in sizing up the competition.  Way too early for the other stuff - at least, I hope it is.