Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Sunshine West Showcase"

3and2Fastball posted:
2019Dad posted:

Question for the group: what difference does it make which PG showcase you attend? Isn't your rating dependent on your metrics, not the event?

I don't understand, in this day and age, why someone would attend a showcase in order to get metrics.  You can find out your 60 time, Exit Velo, and Throwing Velo on your own very easily, for free or almost free.  Why pay $600 plus travel expenses for that?

I'm a big fan of Perfect Game, and when/if my kid is ready to get on the recruiting radar we plan on attending multiple PG events, but in the meantime I could recite for you his Exit Velo & 60 time from last week, last month, last year etc etc all of which we easily found out on our own.

Along my sons recruiting journey, several college coaches talked specifically about getting metrics from PG or PBR (we preferred PG), because they are independant numbers and not “Dad numbers.”  I can tell you all day long that my kid throws 90 mph, but that doesn’t mean jack.  PG says he throws 90, and the antennae are up.