Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Top Prospect Games at Maryland"

Chico Escuela posted:

While this thread is live:  For a P, is there any added value to attending a PG showcase in addition to PG tournaments?  My son will pitch in a couple of WWBA events this year--which means his velo and some other stats will be posted to his PG profile.  If he attends a showcase, he gets a PG grade -- is there any other benefit?  (I don't really want to open the "how much is a PG grade worth" can of worms again.)

It’s hard to know what has worked and what hasn’t. My son went to two PG showcases: one before freshman year and one before sophomore year. Results from those got him invited to the Junior national and the underclass all American. The  Junior national provided exposure. One thing you get from the showcases that you don’t really get at the WWBA is a write up (unless you get a scout blog write up). If you don’t have top velo but do you have a great movement it would be noted on your profile. They also do you uncommitted spotlights on Twitter. Again who knows what is helping and what isn’t .   We tried to do a variety of things and hoped it would all come together.

Last edited by baseballhs