Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Top Prospect Games at Maryland"

I defer to someone who is pro-PG, I have worn my con-PG argument out. My take is this: if you think that by going to a PG showcase it's going to give your recruiting a boost, go for it. Just don't be surprised when it doesn't. I'm not talking about the top 1% of players. I am talking about the guys who aren't in that group. If your targeted schools are going to be in attendance, go for it, money well spent. More likely than not they will not be there.

I haven't shared this before I don't think, but my son's recruiting included 1 PG showcase. Don't think I am anti-PG because of that event. I'm not, he did well, got a good grade, made top prospect list/team, etc. It's just that it had ZERO impact on my son's recruiting. That's why I say spend your money on events where you are going to be guaranteed he is going to be seen by your target schools. That may be headfirst, showball, or the college's camps. Take tons of video. TONS! Email every school your kid is interested in and can reasonably expect them to be interested in him. Then email 100 more that fit the same criteria except that they aren't schools you are targeting. Is your kid a pitcher or better yet a LHP? You just got a golden ticket to a better than average shot of playing at the next level over a position player.