Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Top Prospect Games at Maryland"

If someone has different info, please let me know.  But last night I did a little digging on the PG web site about the latest to hit my email in-box:  The “Fall National Top Prospect Showcase" in GA was new last year.  Looking at last year's stats, I see no pitcher at or above 90 mph and only ten who were >85 mpg.  So not a particularly strong field.  (No offense to anyone who was there--I'm sure there were some very good players.  And my son does not throw 90+.)

At the risk of getting in trouble with the moderators for PG-bashing, this is really starting to wear on me.  Second email about an "exclusive" PG event in a week.  And this one assures my son that "Only players that were named to a Top Prospect Team at a previous PG showcase or those that have been ranked nationally by PG’s scouting department will receive invitations to this elite event."  What does that actually mean?  Could be my son was "ranked nationally" with 4-digits--one of only 6,000 in the class of 2020 invited to this Major Showcase.  Just tell players and parents the real deal about an event and let them decide....