Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Trackman Data"

Trackman data from Jupiter is posted. Glad to see the numbers and learn a bit about the correlation between velocity and spin rate.My son and i were really interested in his CU spin rate and found it interesting where he was with it. I know Jupiter is about scouts etc but we believe it is a great way to see where you stack up with the other players in the event.

I also noticed that the top velocity guys were not on the top FB spin rate list? Interesting...i guess if they were, they would be un-hittable? Since Higher spin rate = swing for strikes combined with their top velos.

Trackman appears to be all about accuracy, repeatability and acquiring more data than radar. It appears to be more accurate that radar guns ? ( i assume since they count to .10's of mph)......so i have two questions:

1. Neidert (local kid we know of) was blogged at 96 and not listed on Trackman at that number...they have him at 94.8 (95 on a gun i assume?)

2. Why was i able to capture a FB at 2578 spin rate (92.3mph) in the bottom of the 5th inning, 3-2 count with 2 outs and they don't have that pitch listed? BTW, it would be the highest FB spin rate and i assume if they missed that,  others could be on the Top list as well? The kid actually had 5 FB spin rates higher than the one listed in the article.

I know this is an emerging technology for baseball and especially PG, but i can only assume one of 3 things:

1.Trackman doesn't track every pitch and/or isnt as accurate as it is sold to be.

2.They miss pieces of data along the way (Sensor to Processor)

3. Just plain make mistakes when compiling the stats.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Art...w.aspx?article=10678

I know this is a great tool and enjoyed subscribing to the service in Jupiter to see the data. If you could compile the data or export it via excel for your game/pithcer of choice it would be much more useful to the customer.

Attachments

Images (1)
Last edited by Shoveit4Ks