Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Trackman Data"

I also used TrackMan down in Jupiter this weekend.  Great tool.  It’s awesome to be able to see velo and spin rate on not only on your guy but on some of the other pitchers in your game, and in the games on surrounding fields.  I did notice that some of the games were not tracked or were not tracked accurately.  I know the equipment was in place on all of the fields, but not sure it was always being utilized.

I also had the opportunity to use Trackman at the Area Code Games earlier this summer … Couple of observations:  (1)  The velocities that it produced were not necessarily the one’s used by PG in the follow up player profiles.  I had screen grabs of velo’s from Trackman that were 1-2 MPH higher than what PG used, so I’m not sure if PG uses Trackman as the default for velo.  (2) Trackman had some technical glitches (mostly connectivity issues) in Long Beach.  I chatted with a Rep at their booth, and he felt bad about it.  He ended up sending me a “Game Report” for my kids outing.  It was an incredible 8 page summary of his pitches, broken down with graphs and charts on Velo, spin rates, release slots, location, extension (very important, but rarely measured), averages and an overall summary.   By far the most comprehensive analysis I’ve ever seen. 

IMO it would be great if they would offer this analysis as a standard follow up to all of the pitchers recorded at an event.  Great tool to measure where you’re at, and how to improve.