Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Underclass Showcases - Worth it or not?"

CaCO3Girl posted:

Dialedin, just to clarify I know nothing, I have a 2020.  BUT, on this site I have read a few things, such as:

1. Junior year is the magic year when the recruiting starts heavily for 90%+ of the kids, if you can only do one showcase that would be the time to do it.

2. Pop times are subjective, and there is a HUGE difference in a 1.95 and 2.02 pop-time.  Considering the average human reaction time is 0.7 seconds, taking pop-times is a learned skill, prior to a showcase it's a good idea to get at least one private lesson on how to show a pop-time at a showcase. How to run a 60 would also be a good private lesson addition.

3. If your kid is only interested in 1 or 2 local colleges then a huge showcase probably isn't where you want to be.  If your kid is open for any and all ideas on college, and has a generic major that 99% of colleges offer, then a showcase is a great idea.

Any idea how we would go about finding the private lessons for showcase prep?  We have actually struggled to find a TRUE catching coach.  Some say they are but they aren't really.