Skip to main content

Reply to "PG WWBA"

MidAtlanticDad posted:
pnw2017 posted:

Makes sense. An rc from an east coast d1 told me it would be great to see me there, that they send 3 coaches to that event. He first saw me in az. He is recommending me to a team that goes, and the coach who runs it is also a rc at a d1 east coast, so he probably knows many of the eastern d1s.

Sounds like a great start. Since the one RC knows you, I would send him a brief email with your number and a date/time that you plan to call him. That way he can put your name in his phone and know to pick up when you call. You can call him as often as you like, but he can't call you until July 1.

Get to know the summer coach. He can act as a go-between. He can call/text you and say, "Call coach Smith right now, he's expecting your call."

Thanks, we have been communicating over the phone and text last few weeks. I am 2017, so I am able to receive texts and calls from him. Since I don't know if I will be able to go with the team yet, I can't contact the coach. I wonder how it sounds though, saying to a d1 hey call these other d1 coaches for me.