Skip to main content

Reply to "PG WWBA Georgia"

Some random thoughts. I have lived in VA (shen valley) maryland (frederick) nc (raleigh) ga (near marietta) Kids are the same everywhere. Each time i moved i feared my kid would not be good enough. The biggest difference is the amount of competition the further south. I used to be thrilled if enough teams would enter a tourney for a round robin. Now as i get futher south there are at least about 24 teams in each age group at all tourneys. Dont get fooled into thinking all the teams in the wwba are great teams. Most use this as the year end event for their season if they live in that area. ALSO most travel coaches are in it to make money and take teams to places so they can pretend they are getting them scouted. However i will say my kid played against 1 of the top ranked 17u teams in the country and one of the top 16u pitchers at an event so scouts had to notice anyone who did well in that game. I also overheard several recruiters saying they hate this time of year as low man on totem pole gets sent away from their family for a few weeks to have to look at kids they will either never sign or will not want after they see them. Its hard work for recruiters and very nerve wreaking for kids and parents. Enjoy it and let go and enjoy the season and maybe great things will happen for you.