Skip to main content

Reply to "Picking the right travel org"

knowingnothingdad.  Your answer to questions 2 and 3 might be irrelevant because mostly summer coaches do not mess with anything for a D1 P5 committed player unless the coach sees something drastically wrong.  They may talk about something they see and answer questions or something that will be detrimental to them in the future but normally do not mess with those kids.  1 is a good idea but if it is negative then talk to someone else because their son may just have had a bad experience.  Make sure it is a pitcher's parents.  4 and 5 are good questions.  6 & 7 are normally not relevant for the top level teams because they do not practice at all except a few optional before season.  8 is also a great question along with money for pitcher only.  Do they pitch a pitcher twice in the big tournaments?   What are their expectations and role for your player?  You want to know they see him as a starter and not closer or mid guy.  Remember the top organization are run like college teams and have short and long middle reliever guys and closers.   That is part of college that has been tough for my son because he has always been a starter so if I could do anything differently I would go back and make him be a middle reliever at some point in his showcase career.  He is a long middle reliever who may go warm up forever  or have to warmup very quickly.  Most guys never get that feel in showcase ball.